Attend an Open House on the draft Preferred Alternative
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:00pm
We’ve heard the community’s feedback, and now it’s time to reveal the draft of the Preferred Alternative for the City’s General Plan Update. And we need your help!
As we begin crafting the draft plan, the City will host two open houses in October to gather community feedback on the Preferred Alternative before it moves toward review by the City Council and Planning Commission on Oct. 25. These interactive, in-person open houses will provide community members with an opportunity to:
- Learn about the importance of the General Plan and the Santa Rosa Forward process.
- Learn about the emerging Preferred Alternative, including:
- new goals for the city;
- future housing and job growth areas;
- mobility improvements;
- strategies to address safety and community resilience, and
- strategies to improve community health and address equity.
Participants will hear an overview presentation (given at the top of each hour) and have the opportunity to review materials, discuss it with the project team, and provide comments and input on the various strategies included in the Preferred Alternative. Both open houses will be presented in English and Spanish, and we will provide childcare, food, and prizes.
- Open House #1: Wednesday, October 12, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Sonoma County Central Library, 211 E Street, Santa Rosa
- Open House #2: Saturday, October 15, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Lighthouse Church, 920 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa
We appreciate and welcome your participation in this important process. More detailed information about the open houses, including information on how to RSVP, is available on the project website at santarosaforward.com/CD-PrefAlternative.
Thank you for your continued participation in this important process.
-Santa Rosa Forward Project Team